Culture and Community
Wes has been a prominent voice helping shape the City of Alameda public art program. He is an advocate for local artists and organizations that promote a positive role in the community. He helps organize many regular cultural events in Alameda and donated hundreds of hours a year to several local organizations. He runs Studio 23 with his wife Jessica, and together they coordinate dozens of art shows, classes, workshops and performances every year.
A visual artist since he was in his teens, Wes works in a variety of media including acrylic painting, metal sculpture, pencil drawing, stencil art, LED light sculptures, video installations, murals. He is also a musician who has recorded several songs and played with a variety of talented other talented artists in St. Louis, Detroit, Atlanta, and the San Francisco Bay area.
His work has been shown in cities across the United States. His work has been featured in multiple publications and shown in several galleries and venues in the bay area.
Organizations and Affiliations
- Membership Committee Downtown Alameda Business Association
- Vice President and Board of Directors of the Island Alliance of the Arts 2016 – present.
- Co-Founder Studio 23 Gallery Alameda
- Co-Founder Alameda Summer Art Fair
- Event host and instructor: Alameda Artists Group