Culture and Community
Jessica is a strong force in the local artistic and general community. As an advocate for local artists, she spearheads several regular cultural events in Alameda and donates hundreds of hours a year to local charitable organizations. She is an accomplished visual artist and runs a local art gallery, Studio 23 with her partner Wes. Jessica currently curates local art for multiple locations and coordinates dozens of art shows, classes, and workshops. She wrote, illustrated and published a popular children’s book, and has won numerous competitions and awards for her work. She also started the Creative Art Program in Atlanta that served at-risk kids.
Jessica works in a variety of media including acrylic paint, ink, markers, pencil, sculpture, paper mache, and murals.
Her work has been shown in numerous galleries and venues in the bay area. It has been featured in public art and local and national advertising campaigns.
Professional Artistic background
Jessica is a designer and works as a freelance graphic artist & mural artist in the East Bay. Her artwork and illustrations have been featured in several San Francisco Bay Area campaigns including, Golden Voice, Mountain Winery, Alameda Municipal Power Company, Best Of The East Bay & The City of Alameda’s Clean, Green & Safe campaign.
Organizations and Affiliations
- Board of Directors ArtPush.org 2019- Current
- 2nd Friday Art Talks 2013- Current
- Alameda/Jingletown 2nd Friday Art Walk 2013- Current
- Artist Organizer with Alameda Strong 2013- Current
- Artist Organizer with the WABA Healing Garden on Webster 2013- Current
- Co-Founder Studio 23 Gallery Alameda 2013- Current
- Co-Founder Alameda Summer Art Fair 2013- Current
- Founder: Alameda Artists Group 2013- Current
- Promotions Committee Downtown Alameda Business Association 2016-2019
- Board of Directors of the Island Alliance of the Arts 2016 – 2019
- Creator and organizer of The Downtown Holiday Window Contest 2017/2018
Publications & Media
DABA awards Studio 23 “Most Professional”
The award for 2017 Professional Business of the Year was presented to Wesley and Jessica Warren of Studio 23.
Dynamic Painting Duo
Dynamic Painting Duo in Alameda Magazine
Since their arrival in 2012, the couple has embraced the Alameda art scene by winning awards and opening a gallery.
By Michael Singman-Aste
Alameda Sun: 2016 Summer Art FairAlameda Gets Artsy
Studio 23 Opens in Alameda
By Michael Singman-Aste
Visit Jessica at https://jessicawarren.net to view more of her work.