East Bay Art Book 2022
The Call For Art was opened Sept 8th, 2022.
Artist’s will be notified via email mid to late October. Thank you for your patience. Add our email to your safe list. If you have not heard back by Oct 31st, feel free to reach out to us.
ArtPush is publishing another full-color art book showcasing the work of local emerging East Bay artists!
Project Overview: ArtPush is seeking East Bay artists to submit work for 3rd Annual Juried East Bay Art book. All themes and subjects are welcome. The goal of this book is to showcase some of the East Bay’s most talented artists.
Eligibility: All practicing visual East Bay artists.
Medium: Visual Art created within the last 10 years. You do NOT need to create new work for this book! Submission requests include but are not limited to: Printmaking, Mixed Media, Painting, Sculpture, Photography, Comics & Illustrations.
Location: California, East Bay
Entry Fee: $20.
Accepted artists receive a free copy of the East Bay Artists 2022 Art Book! $40 Retail Value.
Artist Support: $20 fee waived, no questions asked. A.S. Application deadline October 10th.
Eligibility, Application and Deadline
How To Submit: Carefully read all of the instructions on this page before you register and apply.
* Open to all practicing artists in the East Bay area of Northern California, both established and up and coming.
* Applications Require: artist website url or social media link, one high resolution photo of the artwork, contact information & short bio. (Bios will only appear on the website not in the book.)
* Artwork submission photo must be print ready. All photographs of artwork must be submitted as jpegs with a minimum of 2400 pixels wide. Artwork should NOT include any text, frames, glass or anything else in the photo. Provide clear, hi-res, high quality image of the artwork by itself. Only one image submission allowed. Pick your best work!
* Basic Guidelines & Selection Process: You only get to pick one entry for this submission, so make it count! This should be work you are most proud of. Vetting categories for final selections include Originality, Craftsmanship, Elements of Art, Composition, Unity & Variety, Medium & Texture, Use of Space, Presentation, Degree of Difficulty. Read more at the bottom of this document about the selection process.
* Not sure what to submit? Will it look good in print? Do you have a proper hi-res photo of the piece? This is only one entry per person so ask friends and family to help you make the final decision.
* Poor Quality Images: Images that are too blurry, low resolution, cut off, in bad lighting or crooked will automatically be disqualified.
* Book Party-Pickup: Accepted artists are expected to promote the book and encouraged to participate in the official Book Party-Pickup which will be happening closer to December. Exact date TBA.
* Receiving Your Book Via Pickup: There will be several opportunities to pickup your book over the months of December & January. If you do not respond or pick up your book after 6 months it will be donated to ArtPush.org. We are not a retail shop and do not have the bandwidth to provide storage for your books, thank you for understanding. If you need help getting your book email
* 2022 East Bay Artists Exhibit
January 2023 is Studio 23’s 10 Year Anniversary. We will host the very first East Bay Artists 2022 Exhibit w/ Art Talk Host Victor Mavedzenge Live at Studio 23 & 3 Dot Art Gallery on January 20, 2023. Date is subject to change. However we will notify artists asap with any date changes.
* Call For Art: East Bay Artists accepted into the 2022 Art Book are invited to apply. The submission does not have to be the same piece that you submit for the book. Only original pieces accepted, no prints. A Call For Art will be posted in November and an email will go out to all published artists. More details to come so stay tuned!
Read all of the instructions here before registering.
Jurors: ArtPush Board
Selection Process: There will be a simple scoring system used privately by each judge. Our goal is to demonstrate the wide variety and diversity of styles in the East Bay. There are a limited number of pages and not every entry will be accepted. If your work is not selected for this project it does not mean that your art is not good enough, it simply means that there is limited space.
More about the selection process:
Only works from artists living or working in the East Bay qualify for inclusion. Images submitted that are below resolution qualities necessary for printing are automatically eliminated. In order to make the judging process as fair and unbiased as possible an online scoring application was developed so that each judge can evaluate submissions in private.
The online scoring application software is a system that lists each image by number without identifying the artist. ArtPush board members evaluate each work based on a scale of 1-5: Originality, Craftsmanship, Elements of Art, Composition, Unity & Variety, Medium & Texture, Use of Space, Presentation and Degree of Difficulty. Final selections are chosen for artworks that received the highest overall score.
We deeply appreciate everyone who submitted their artwork regardless of whether or not the work is featured in this publication